Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Putnalu Pappu Guddu Kura

This a recipe that I have taken from my mother. I remember my father and me always ending up cribbing that there was not enough onions in it. We both loved the onions in this recipe. So  I add a lot of onions while making this ;).

Ingredients

Eggs - 6
Onions - 2 big
Curry leaves/Karvepaku - 4 to 5 leaves
Roasted Bengal Gram/Putnalu pappu - 1/2 cup
Chopped coriander
Salt
Red Chilly powder
Turmeric powder

Process
  1. Boil the eggs. Peel the outer shell and make small cuts on the sides of each egg.
  2. Thinly slice the onions.
  3. Heat a pan, add some oil, Add the curry leaves and sliced onions and start frying.
  4. Meanwhile, grind the roasted Bengal gram to powder.
  5. When the onions are slightly brown, add the powdered Bengal gram. Stir till they are mixed well.


  6. Add the salt, red chilly powder and turmeric powder and mix well. Add little oil if necessary.
  7. Add the boiled eggs now and mix well. Garnish with the chopped coriander.

It goes well with rice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment