Monday, July 19, 2010

Sabudana Vada

I am back again, this time with hot, spicy, crispy snack :) First time I tasted this at my friend's place and since then I wanted to prepare Sabudana vada but somehow it never happened. Last Friday I was not at all in a mood to work in office so i took second half off and prepared this dish :) I know you might be thinking that i am mad :) you see...madness is like gravity all you need is a little push.
Ingredients:

1. Sabudana (appr 1 cup medium size)

2. Potato (1 medium size for 8 vadas)

3. chopped onion (1 medium size)

4. Finely chopped cilantro/coriander/green chillies and curry leaves.

5. Salt (to your taste)

6. Red chilly powder (to your taste)

7. Rice flour (appr 1/2 cup)

Procedure:

Soak Sabudana in a bowl for around 2-3 hrs. Drain all the water after 2-3 hrs and remove additional water from soaked sabudana by squeezing.


Cut Onion/coriander/curry leaves finely and keep it aside.


Grate potato and remove water by squeezing the grated potato.



Now mix grated potato with chopped onions, curry leaves, coriander, sabudana, salt, chilly powder and rice flour.



Press the mixture into the below shape


Fry it for around 2-3 mins in medium to hot flame or till it is properly fried. A properly fried sabudana vada looks like below:



So thats it guys, by know you might have realized that this is the most simplest variety of vadas.

Try it and let me know your comments.

1 comments:

Nivvi said...

I tried it and it turned out very well.. I also added chopped coriander to it :)

Post a Comment