Friday, June 25, 2010

Paneer Tikka - My Way

I make this recipe keeping my husband in mind when ever I am making a fish fry. He calls himself an eggetarian :). It is a simple recipe and does not need much effort, just requires a little marination time. Technically it should be grilled in tandoor or oven, but I simply pan fry it and my marination may also slightly vary from traditional marination.


Ingredients
Paneer
Plain curd/yoghurt
Salt
Red chilly powder
Turmeric powder
Coriander powder
Cumin powder
Green chillies
Corriander leaves
Karvepaku/ curry leaves



Process
  1. Marinade: Beat the curd into smooth paste. Add salt, turmeric powder, corriander powder, cumin powder and red chilly powder. Grind the green chillies, coriander leaves and karvepaku and mix with rest of the marinade. If using both chilly powder and green chillies, check for the spiciness. I generally use only green chillies. 
  2. Paneer: Cut them into pieces, I try to cut them in squares. 
  3. Soak the paneer in the marinade and put in refrigerator for 2-3 hrs.
  4. Heat the pan, smear the surface with some oil and fry the paneer pieces. These can also be put on broil for 15 mins in oven, but be sure to cover the dish with aluminum foil for easy cleaning :)
The marinade I mentioned is what I generally use, but sometimes I make slight variations based on the availability of ingredients. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment