Friday, June 25, 2010

Fish Cakes or shall I call it 'Fish Tikki' :)

Till I came across the recipe for fish cake on Qatar airways videos, I had only heard of crab cakes and they looked delicious. I need to try them if I get a chance, so for now I am going with the fish cakes as I have the main ingredients at my disposal :) and rest altered to my taste.

Ingredients
Fish (Salmon)
Boiled potatoes
Salt
Red chilly powder
Roasted cumin powder - 1 tsp
Lemon juice - optional
Chopped coriander leaves

Process
  1. Prepping the fish : I get already cleaned wild salmon fish from store. Boil them in water with pinch of salt, till its cooked thoroughly. Take out and shred it into small pieces.
  2. Mash the boiled potatoes after peeling, add the shredded fish pieces, salt, red chilly powder, cumin powder and chopped coriander. Mix well.
  3. I add few drops of lemon juice to get a slightly tangy or sour taste. Substituting it with amchur (dried mango) powder should also work. This can be skipped if you don't want the tangy taste to your fish cakes.
  4. Heat a pan, smear some oil on it. Make small patties out of the mix and fry it on the pan.
All done guys, another simple dish at your disposal :).

0 comments:

Post a Comment