Thursday, November 18, 2010

Vegetable Pulav

Another of my quick fix, lazy day favourite. Life is easier, since I get chopped mixed vegetables from the store.  So here goes the recipe...

Ingredients

Rice - 1.5 cup
Chopped vegetable - 1.5 cup
Chopped Onion - 1 medium size
Green chillies (slit) - 4
Cloves - 2
Bay leaf - 1
Salt
Water - 3 cups

Vegetables
Carrots, beans,peas, potatoes - my these are my favourite, you can change as per you liking.

Process
  1. Wash the rice and soak in water for 15 mins and drain the water
  2. Add  s2- 3 tsp of oil in a pan and heat. Add green chillies, cloves, bay leaf and fry.
  3. Then add the chopped onion and mixed vegetables , fry for 5 mins.
  4. Then add the rice and salt to taste. Fry for another 2-3 mins.
  5. Since I use an electric cooker, I move the contents into its container and pour the 3 cups of water and wait till its done. If using a normal cooker I will doing the frying in the cooker itself and add the water and close the lid. Switch the stove after 3 whistles.
  6. It goes well with raita or veg. or soya nugget kurma.

0 comments:

Post a Comment