Thursday, October 14, 2010

Fish Fry

I like fish fry in comparison to the fish curry. I don't know what type of fish my mom used to cook at home. The fish I use here is Salmon. This the recipe I use for fish fry.

Ingredients
Fish - 200 gm
Salt
Red chilly powder
Coriander powder - 1 tbsp
Curd - 2 tbsp
Chopped curry leaves
Chopped coriander leaves

Optional ingredients
All purpose flour(maida) - 1tbsp
Tamarind juice - few drops

Process
  1. Wash the fish and pat it dry with a paper towel. cut it into smaller pieces if required.
  2. In a bowl mix the remaining ingredients - salt, red chilly powder, coriander powder, curry leaves, coriander leaves and curd. Add a few drops of oil to the paste(I used olive oil).
  3. You can add the tamarind juice if you want the tangy taste in fish and I used all purpose flour because it has binding effect and will bind the ingredients to fish giving a crispy crust on frying. You can also substitute it with corn flour.
  4. Now smear the paste onto the fish and let it sit for 15-20 mins.
  5. Heat a frying pan and start frying the fish pieces, no additional oil should be required as we already add oil in the spice paste. You can add few drops if fish is sticking to the pan. When done the color of the fish will change, remove from pan when done.
  6. Eat it hot and be careful with the fish bones. Enjoy !!

0 comments:

Post a Comment