Wednesday, June 30, 2010

ChanagaPappu vesina Dondakaya Vepudu

Its a tindora (dondakaya) with chana daal. Yet another recipes that I have taken from my mother's cooking. What I like in this recipe is the chana daal, so in my version I use more chana daal when compared to my mother's. Though I don't use measurements, I am trying my best to provide them as best as I can. So do feel free to make changes according to your taste and mood :)

Ingredients

Tindora/ Dondakaya - 4 cups
Chana daal - 1 1/2 cup
Salt
Red chilly powder
Turmeric powder
Karvepaku or curry leaves - 4 to 5

Process
  1. Prepping tindora - cut the ends of each tindora and then length wise into 4 pieces.
  2. Prepping chana daal - wash them and then boil them till become soft enough to bite through.
  3. Heat a pan and put some oil in it. When oil is hot enough add the curry leaves, fry for sometime and then add the cut tindora. Fry them till they become soft.
  4. When tindora are cooked or soft enough, add salt, red chilly powder and turmeric powder according to your taste. Mix well and fry for sometime.
  5. Now add the chana daal and mix well so that they are coated with spices. Fry well. Since the chana daal have been pre-cooked, you don't have to worry about it being undercooked. Just make sure the tindora are cooked well.
Hope you enjoy :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment